Friday, October 23, 2009

Minimal-izing...

I'm back in NYC for the next week packing up. Originally I was going to pack up, hire movers and have them deal with going up and down 4 flights of stairs all day, but then I got a price quote and realized that I have no furniture I need to move so I should probably just do it myself. My dad let me borrow his suv, but it's a small one and really can't hold that much which really kind of defeats the purpose of having one. So I'm left to decide what makes the cut and what doesn't. I have an old stereo cabinet thing that my parents have had for longer than I've been alive and has successfully made it through college and to two different nyc apartments, and will most definitely be making the cut to get to Chicago. I also have an end table that is about the same age and will be making the cut. So as of right now, all the furniture I have are those two things and a coffee table and end table that Mark Twain is giving me out of the goodness of her heart and because her mom will kill her if she doesn't get rid of them.

For those of you who have seen my apartments you know that I'm a pack rat. I get things and then keep them and keep them forever and ever. Little things. Knick-knacks. Dumb sh*t that I forget about and only see when it's time to move again. So those things will not be making the cut. In fact, I'm going to get rid of anything I haven't seen or used since I moved into my current apartment. It's going to be hard. Very very hard. But I'm going to do it because it's time to minimize. It's funny how much stuff I have because when it comes down to it, I'm perfectly happy living as a minimalist (as long as I can have my dvds). Anyway, it's going to take me a few days to get rid of things. My old roommate Socrates told me to take a picture of the things I'm throwing away that way I'll still have something to remember them by, just without the clutter of actually having them. This is a pretty good idea. I think for the things I can't justify saving I'll do this and maybe even blog about them so I can have something to refer to in the future and you can understand exactly how ridiculous I really am.

Anyways, that's all for now. Go big or go home. If you need a dvd case or a large wardrobe from ikea, let me know...

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - tfln:
" (630): all i remember is you climbed in a garbage can and said you were trashed"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]phentermine 37.5[/url] are tablets that help slacken up on body weight. One of these tabs has to be infatuated with ring false, almost 20 minutes ahead a refection, twice a day.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
hydroxycitric acid hca and garcinia cambogia[/url] is the rout fat blazing wrest readily obtainable in hawk now a days. Bow to upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select