Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Season's Over...

So much for Summer. I know I say this every year, but this one really flew by - and in this case it's actually true. It pretty much rained it's way into July so by the time it was actually nice out and Summery, it was already the 4th. Usually there are weeks and weeks of beaching and being outside before the 4th. And then as suddenly as the rain stopped, it was Labor Day - and almost as if on queue, the lake got wavy, the winds grew and the leaves started to fall. Literally on Labor Day. How lame.

Luckily I always believe in denial. I still think there are weeks if not at least a month left of good weather. This may or may not be true, but my flip flops aren't coming off until Halloween. I was luckily enough to have spent the majority of my summer away from NYC, aka the most horrid place to spend a summer, and spent most of it in Michigan. Glorious Michigan. There is no place in the world I would rather be in the summer than Michigan. Until today when my mom made me put away all the summer stuff. Goodbye patio table and chairs, farewell hose, see you in 8 or 9 months my beloved kayak...

It's not over yet though. There's still time to enjoy summer things. Fall hasn't officially begun in my head until that first frost. Then I'm happy because I love Fall. Anyways, I'm headed back to NYC tomorrow which will be nice because it's no longer humid beyond belief there and I'll hopefully be taking a weekend adventure to the ocean the next weekend for my last venture into the water until next summer. So go big or go home, but definitely go outside and enjoy the weather.

I'm out.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: