Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Little Loyalty...

...goes a long way. I have been going to the same place to get my oil changed since I was 16. Actually I have been going there for longer, I was just usually not the one driving. I know what you're thinking, I drive all the way to my parents house in Port Huron, Michigan just to get an oil change? Not really, I just always get one when I come home and since I never drive my car in NYC, the only time I need an oil change is after I get home.

The point of me telling you this is that my dad's car had a low engine coolant light on. So he asked me to take it in and make sure it didn't leak. So I took it in to the same place I get my oil changed and the guy checked the line, said it looked fine and then filled up my anti-freeze. Then he said, 'You're all set, have a good day." I asked him how much I owed and he shook his head and said not to worry about it. I know it probably would have only been like 5 or 10 dollars, but it's the thought that counts. I am never going to get my oil changed anywhere else, all because this guy (who has personally been changing my oil since I started going there) knew I was a valuable customer and that loyalty goes a long way.

Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: