Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Boys Are From Earth, Girls Are From Crazy...

Girls are from crazy:

Before I begin, let me say that I'm not trying to imply chicks are crazy, I'm trying to explicitly state it. I don't think it's a bad thing, actually I kind of find it fascinating how different girls are from boys - and I don't mean to offend anyone, but if I do then thank you for proving my point. After recently having a discussion with a friend (who is a girl) about why girls spaz out a lot, her argument was essentially that girls aren't crazy - they just get 'stressed' about situations and they need to 'vent' about it by ranting for as long as they desire. I told her that this is, in fact, why they are crazy.

Not sure how many Harry Potter fans there are out there, but if you are a nerd like me then you'll remember in The Order of the Phoenix, there was a line that perfectly describes women. To summarize briefly, Harry liked this girl Cho who liked him but also had a boyfriend who was recently murdered by Voldemort and who's mom was being threatened by the Ministry of Magic. After they have their first kiss, Harry tells Ron that she cried right after to which Ron, being a dude, laughs in Harry's face at his pathetic first kiss. Hermione then explains why she cried and that she's feeling all these emotions at once to which Ron replies in complete sincerity, "One person can't possibly feel all that at once. They'd explode!"

While most girls aren't facing such dire circumstances as Cho Chang, they all react the same to everything. "I have so much to do - let me take a minute to cry about it." "I don't like my class - let me get upset and yell at people who try to calm me down." Obviously not all girls react the same to every situation, but for every girl there are many things that make them go crazy. Some girls get stressed about 'life' some get stressed about work and some get stressed about relationships and many get stressed about a combination of these things.

Boys are from earth:

For all the societal cliches that say guys are dumb, really we're just logical. We know that life is life. We don't expect everything to go smoothly and we know that nothing rarely does. No matter how much planning and coordinating and control a girl might think she has, nothing is ever completely under control.

I never expect anything I buy to work. I never think things will happen on time if the responsibility is in someone else's hands and I never plan on having my expectations met by people I don't know - whether it's at work, or getting something fixed or having any kind of customer service performed. If you keep these things in mind, the only thing left to bother you is friends or significant others letting you down - and if you know that even these things happen sometimes, then you've got nothing to stress about.

I admit that even I'm closer to Bob Marley than most guys about stress, but still, most guys just let things be. Life isn't a box of roses, it's a box of chocolates. Forrest Gump knew this, why don't chicks?

I say this not to tell girls they are crazy but in the hope that if they find themselves stressed, just think about these few thoughts: there's nothing you can do about it so just let it be, life isn't that big of a deal and finally, sh*t happens. It's a little existentialist but I wake up happy and I go to bed happy. During the day I'll be walking downtown and some assh*les will elbow me trying to get to their lame jobs and I'll have about 10 seconds where I see red and want to stab them and shove them in the sewer but then it passes and I forget about it.

As the Kingsford (charcoal) motto goes, "Slow down and grill." Words to live by.

Go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: