Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I Got 5 On It...

So had I known the available senate seat in Illinois was for sale, I definitely would have made an offer. So i've been thinking a lot about politics lately. It's probably because I now own seasons 1-5 of The West Wing. But not for nothing, I really would love to get into politics at some point. My search for jobs in the nonprofit sector have been fruitless and I've been thinking that one way to help change the world for the better would be to get involved at some level in politics. One good thing about where I grew up is that it doesn't seem to be that competitive. I feel like I could swoop in and do some serious damage in St. Clair County, Mi. The problem is that my county is red. Not very red, but I think in my district McCain won by more than 5 points. If not there, then I need to get involved at the state level working for a congressman/woman. I'd try and make the jump to D.C. and work for a U.S. Congress person but I don't know that I'm ready for all that.

So basically I don't know what I'll be doing in the future. It seems like I chose the worst time in the world to look for jobs when I really have no defined skill set. There's always more school but I can't afford that at the moment. It's getting so desperate that I might take whatever comes at me first which is strange since my purpose for being out here in NYC is to do film and/or film related activities. We'll see.

In other news, the Pistons are garbage. I have been a fan for my entire life and have never really felt like this except for the Eastern Conference Finals against NJ in 2003 and then again the last 2 E.C. Finals, but not during the regular season. We're playing like we don't care. I don't mind losing, but I hate when people don't try. Larry Brown always said that, "you can't coach effort." He had to say it maybe twice a season when guys would just be tired or something, but this is every night. Losing 3 in a row to some of the worst teams in the entire league! It's absurd.

I was gonna say something but forgot what it was. Anyways, go big or go home...

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: