Thursday, September 04, 2008

200 / Finally...

For a while I had been wondering what I would do as a celebration of my 200th post. Not really a huge milestone, but I like to celebrate all the little things in life. I was wondering if I should do a best of list, or a best pictures list, or even have someone else guest blog. But politics stepped in and gave me a gift.












(The artist formerly known as) Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick admitted to lying and resigned. Finally. After years and years of debauchery, he is gone. The times had a good article summed it up pretty well so rather than rant about his failings, i'll just quote them, "He agreed to plead guilty to two felony counts of obstruction of justice, pay restitution to the city of $1 million, give up his law license, forfeit his state pension and serve 120 days in the Wayne County jail. His resignation is to take effect within 14 days. All other charges were dismissed, and the judge scheduled sentencing for Oct. 28.

“He understands fully the agreement and agrees to be bound by it, judge,” a lawyer for Mr. Kilpatrick, Gerald Evelyn, told Wayne County Circuit Court Judge David A. Groner.

Judge Groner asked Mr. Kilpatrick, “Is this something you are ready to do today?” He added, “Do you have any questions?”“I have no questions about what’s going on today,” Mr. Kilpatrick told Judge Groner. Later, he said, “I lied under oath.”

It's finally over. Thank god. I'm out. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

Here's a better picture of Kwame

No comments: