Monday, September 15, 2008

26...

26 years old. It's kind of crazy. Mostly because I have accomplished nothing so far in my life. But I'm hopeful that this is going to be the year of accomplishment. Or at least I am going to wish it is. I'm not a huge fan of birthdays. I'm not sure why. I love celebrating other people's birthdays but not my own. When it's your birthday I'll be the first to start poring shots. But for me, it sort of feels like a big sham actually. I mean I can understand that people would want to celebrate my birth because I'm so awesome, but the general idea of celebrating it is kind of silly. Perhaps it because I feel unaccomplished that I don't think there's a whole lot to celebrate. Whatever the case may be, I appreciate the birthday well-wishes and thank you.

Also I just realized that my birthday is rarely on a weekend. Obviously it's the case for most people since there are many more weekdays than weekends, but I feel like my birthday is always on a Monday or a Tuesday which might be my two least favorite days of the week. No one wants to celebrate anything on a Monday. Which is why much of today will be business as usual. Laundry, gym, job hunting and then at 5 I am being surprised with my plans for the night. Not sure what I'll be doing but I assume it will be fun. I just hope there's cake...

-M,p,z & shredder

No comments: