Thursday, August 28, 2008

Finally...

There are a few things that lets me know fall is fast approaching. The leaves start to turn, humidity becomes scarce, previews for upcoming tv shows start popping up, but perhaps best of all is tonight. The kickoff for college football. For being such a great time to play sports, the summer really sucks for watching it. Unless you are a die hard baseball fan there isn't a whole lot going on. I watch the tigers. When I'm around. And I'm not doing something else. But unlike the Pistons, the Lions or the Spartans, I don't plan my life/week/day around it.
















It all starts to change now though. Every saturday for the rest of the year is pretty much booked for me. Sure I'll go other places and have plans, but for 3 hours every saturday I get to root for a team that I love. It's something that I miss a lot during the summer. Once it's past mid-June and the NBA finals are over, thee really isn't anything going on in the world of sports until today. The Olympics are an exception. It's more than enough to hold me over until Oct. 28th when the NBA tips-off. I have long held the belief that the best time of the year is in November when you get to watch all of your favorite teams play, but waiting with anticipation for the season to start is also a pretty great thing.















Right now I am filled with so much hope and anxiety. Is this gonna be our year? MSU has a tendency to start out hot and then sort of fizzle away, but I can't help but feel that this is going to be a great year. National Championship? I don't know if I'd go that far; but I hope so.

Anyways, I just wanted to make sure I got this in before Saturday's big game ( @ Cal, 8pm on ABC). Go State! As always, go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: