Monday, March 10, 2008

Warning: May Cause Seizures...

Gnarles Barkley's new video is on youtube. Next to the title is a warning that watching it might give you a seizure. I'm not the biggest fan of the song or the video. I love the part with JT but how could you not. I'm not really down with the whole psychadellic video thing with spiral backgrounds and patters going across the screen. I didn't really like his their video for "Crazy" either.

Something happened to music videos (probably after mtv stopped playing them, or maybe that's why they stopped). Remember back in the day when new videos used to be the coolest thing ever. I remember when I was a lot younger watching the top 100 video countdown on new years eve and waiting with baited breath to see who would be number 1. The videos weren't just a montage of stuff with some music. They had a story of their own and they were awesome. I miss those days. I think the last time I saw a good video was when I was in high school and TRL just started.

Anyways, here's one of my favorite songs/videos of all time:



As always, go big and stuff

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - I posted over on Ibodera that I would run for mayor one day and I just wanted people to know that I'm serious. I'm not saying today or in the next couple years. But I have a lot of ideas that I think are good (thought they might suck) and I would really want to try and be mayor. Now I'm not talking about NYC or somewhere ridiculous, but I could see myself as mayor of Port Huron. Somewhere with a population of less than 100,000 people. Preferably somewhere around 50-70 would be good. Anyways, keep that in mind. I might need some campaign strategists.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, is TRL still on? I feel a certain pride that I watched it when it first started, like I was there for the birth of something that became a phenomenon. Like if I'd seen Star Wars in the theater before it took off, or if I was one of those asshole Dave Matthews fans who lord it over everyone else that they liked DMB before they were popular. Did you really? Good for you. No one else cares.