Thursday, March 13, 2008

Roasted...

Keith Olbermann pretty much summed it up when he blasted Clinton's campaign after the Ferraro comments. Pretty awesome honest rant.




Also you know what I find funny. I was an english major in college and there is nothing I hate more than an english class. I like reading and reading things I ordinarily wouldn't have chose to read because a lot of times those can be the best books. But the classroom part of an english class is pointless. Either you're talking about the book on a superficial level i.e. the plot. Or you're making up some inane bullshit about what you think it might be about. It's like discussing art or politics with your friends only you aren't allowed to really argue with people. Discussions are always so timid and, "well maybe the author means this...unless you disagree professor." It's a waste of time. I usually try and write all of my papers as the opposite of whatever everyone in the class thinks just to give the prof something new to look at and also because I like to argue with people and flaunt my superiority. Also then the prof has no other paper to compare mine to so it can pretty much be complete bollocks. It's just kind of pointless.

Also something I wanted to mention was people adding lame things on their facebook page. I like when people add funny quotes or interesting likes but not so much with the lame high school sappy stuff. For example one of my readers recently added two things to her facebook page. One was funny and one was not. She added "thinking about running" to her interests. That's hilarious. It's like something Seinfeld would say. But then she also added to her interests, "missing Brett." Sorry C, but that's not cool. You miss your boyfriend? I feel you. But not an interest. I don't mean to put you on the spot but you just happened to be the most recent in a long line of them and were still on my home page. I guess it doesn't really matter but I thought people stopped doing things like that after we became adults. I remember doing fruity things like that on my AIM away messages back when I was 18. I haven't been on AIM in about 4 years though so I wouldn't know if people still do that. Anyways I guess I don't really care, actually it only bothers me because I have to see it when I log on.

As always, go big or go home and stuff...

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - Recent revelation: I'm more excited for The Dark Knight than I am for the new Indian Jones. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing. On the one hand Batman Begins was possibly the greatest comic book adaptation ever which leads me to believe that TDK will be the new number 1. But on the other hand it's Indy. We'll see though...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, Marty, sorry to disappoint.

You're right, though, and even when I put it down, my brain was like, "Hey, is this kind of retarded?" And my heart was like, "Totally, yeah, that's weak, do better." And my boss was like, "Hey, quit checking Facebook and do your job," so I forgot and left that lameness up.

You need some interests, though. "Detroit Pistons" is more like a religion.

Swami Says said...

You're right about the pistons. Religion. I'll add some interests though, mostly because I feel bad about singling you out.

You know what looks funny when you type it out? "singling" It looks more like sing ling. Anyways.

Swami Says said...

Also I didn't know you had a blog. I'll direct you all the traffic I can (i.e. your sister)

Anonymous said...

I'm not saying I disagree with the substance of what he's saying; but for a guy who used to read me sports scores, Keith sure does take himself a little too seriously.