Monday, November 19, 2007

Danger...














So the new 'Most Dangerous City' list came out and some may be surprised to know that Detroit has climbed back to the top of the list. Followed by Flint at number 3. 2 of the top 3 most dangerous citites are in Michiga. That's not good. I really feel like some billionaire could come in, revitalize the city and make money off of it. It would be awesome. But that will never happen, mostly because Kwame is a pretty bad mayor and he is part of the crime problem.















In lighter more impressive news, I read that a couple scientists found a way to turn skin cells into stem cells which means that hopefully, if it does end up working, stem cell research would be able to get much more funding. I never had a problem with stem cell research but could understand those that do, much as I am pro-choice but I still don't know exactly when an embryo becomes a person, though I know it's definitely not at conception. Hopefully this will be something that is actually viable and will lead to cures and save the world.

Anyways, slow week thus far for me. I'm pretty pumped for Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday of the year. Any day the Lions play and you are supposed to eat until you loosed your belt and pass out is pretty much the greatest day of the year. Add to that the fact that we have an annual nintendo extravaganza which will be enhanced this year for the first time by the Wii, and I can't think of a better way to spend a thursday afternoon.

Cheers. blah blah blah, go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - lots of movies coming out this week, This Christmas will be awesome, Hitman should be great but the fact that the director was replaced during post production scares me and Enchanted should be a pretty fantastic disney movie.

No comments: