Tuesday, May 22, 2007

No Thanks, Lexus, I'm Actually Not an Invalid...













So I was home last week and it was great. I've said it before but I'll say it again, there's nothing quite as nice as michigan (except possibly san fran if i ever get to live there) I got to be outside a lot, played some golf, and the most rewarding thing of all, I planted 4 new trees in our yard. 3 blue spruce and a weeping willow. It's the second willow i've planted in our yard and I'm pretty excited to see how they look in 10 years. In order to get the trees home I needed to borrow my dads car which is a lexus suv. So I'm driving to sam's club to get the trees and it starts to drizzle. I mean a drizzle so light I didn't even realize there was water on my windshield. But the car did. Without any notice the wipers turn on and so do the lights. Seriously? I don't need that. I am perfectly capable of turning on my own wipers and as far as the lights go, please, it was noon. The whole trend that Lexus is on got me thinking. Do people really need a car that parallel parks itself? Isn't that part of the driving test. If you can't do that and moreover if you can't turn on your own wipers and lights, then you should reconsider driving at all. Seriously? No thanks, Lexus, I'm actually not an invalid.

Quick pistons note. The game last night was gross, but considering we played the worst game in the last month or two and still pulled out a victory is pretty telling. The cavs suck and I can't remember a team in recent history that had such an easy road to the conference finals.

As always, get your feet off the ground and reach for the stars, Go big or go home. Pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever. Carpe diem. Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it.

i'm out
-M, p & z

oh ps - Congratulations to the former front man for Shotgun, Prateek Gadhoke got engaged last thursday. All the best to him and his sig-o.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

new shit. john blaze and shit:
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/download/42904-the-go-team-grip-like-a-vice-stream