Monday, October 02, 2006

It's Almost Been a Month...

After living here for a few weeks I feel like I am finally getting to get familiar with the city. A little bit anyways. Well, no, not really at all actually. But I'm trying.

Anyways, anyone who ever thought that making movies was all fun and games was seriously mistaken. I once thought that. Not anymore. I mean it is all fun, but it is a ridiculous amount of work when you have people who aren't as commited as you and you need to do the work that they aren't doing. It will get much easier when people drop out, and even easier after I am out in the real world and people who don't work hard won't have jobs. Whatever, don't listen to me now. I am very dissapointed at the moment. I spent all weekend (and by all weekend I mean ALL weekend - we have saturday classes and then shooting the rest of sat - mon and our shoot on sunday went from when I woke up until 230 i the morning, only to wake up agian and shoot) filming my second project only to find today that everything about it sucks. The exposures look terrible. The camera looks like a monkey was holding it while playing Clavinball. The story, once again, makes no sense. It is more frustrating than golf. Seriously. I am racking my brain trying to come up with a decent story line for my fourth film which I will shoot in three weeks, and I am having the worst brain fart of my life. My brain is a vacuous cavern and I am searching, in vain, for any sign of a story. I was assigned a group for this weekend, but seriously, my friend Brian and I decided that we were going to make our own crew. I am going to tell my new crew that I will help them out with their projects but I am going to have some people I know are not absolute retards helping me this weekend. Anyways, I am just going to show you why I am so upset. Watch this movie and tell me I dont suck. I dare you. It's only a minute or so and I added music even though we aren't allowed to. Imagine trying to watch this piece of shit with no music. I am doing you a grand favor. There are a couple cool shots but it definitely sucked balls. Let me know what you think.






As always, get your feet off the ground and reach for the stars. Go big or go home. Pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever. Carpe diem bitches.

I'm out

-M, p & z

oh ps - if i talk to you regularly and have been out of touch from you lately it's because I am finally one of those people who claim to be busy. I always assumed people were lying, but no, there really is a level of being busy that I had never reached before. I will return your messages as soon as I can. Also, go tigers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

marty, you suck. the new hold steady album, on the other hand, does not.

Anonymous said...

Good Job Norm, i like the end a lot!!

Anonymous said...

If you want to make it better, add more violence.

Kiren said...

the standoff part is good, made better by music most likely. the setup is suspect though. but you probably already knew that.