Thursday, October 12, 2006

Tigers Rule...

I am just going to start off with a couple of sports thoughts here so if you are a girl or someone who does not care for sports (bill i'm looking at you) then skip to the next paragraph. I have been a Tigers fan forever and every year I tell my boy Shawn, that this is their year. This is the year that they put it all together and win the world series. Of course for the last 10 years they have been woeful and have broken my heart year after year. Of course this year, it is Oct. 12 and they lead the series against the A's 2-0, 2 games away from the world series. My point is that I hope they play the Mets so I can go see them win it all. As far as the Lions go, I want to reiterate the fact that I am the only human being in Michigan who thought that Joey Harrington, or Joey Ballgame as I like to call him, was truly the glue that held our pathetic team together. After we got rid of him, the media seemed to think that Kitna and McCowen, an old and young version of a poor man's joey, were the answer to our problems. That suddenly our recievers were going to be good and our offensive line wasn't that bad. Well I will say it again, the only reason we didn't win games was becaue of our offensive line. Joey is a good quarterback and now that he has a shot down in Miami, you can bet your ass he is gonna be good. I am going to find Marinelli and spit in his eye for getting rid of him. I wish Joey the best and hope he throws for 8 TDs in a game.

Okay, moving on. Film school is what I have been waiting my whole life for, Since I was little, every single teacher I had always said I could do better and had unlimited potential (things they say to all kids who don't do well, though with me they were serious). I had always maintained that it was becaue of a lack of interest and desire and that when the time came I would buckle down and work my ass off. There were flashes of it during the summer of '04 when I had the most productive summer of my life, with 2 jobs and 12 credits and LSAT classes. But it didn't last and faded shortly after I took the LSATs. Well, it turns out, I was right. I find myself convincing others to not skip class, and to show up on time and to do extra work so that when it comes time to shoot everything goes well. It's an odd feeling when I have spent the better part of my life skipping class to play Bond, or more recently, Halo 2. I didn't think the time would come when I would stress over things and worry about menial things that ordinarily would have been brushed away as useless.

It is because of this that I am not happy with my last project. Don't get me wrong, I think it's funny and works well, but when you work really hard at a vision and it comes out differently that you hoped, it's dissapointing. I feel like one of those artists who hates everything he does. This is new territory for me. I have never cared enough about things to let the outcome of them affect me (again with the exception of the LSAT). The good thing about this attitude is that I am always trying to get better and one up myself. The problem is that I don't think I will ever be satisfied. I hear that is a sign of a good filmmaker, I think there's an old adage to that effect - something about never being satisfied, but I don't quite remember so nevermind. My point is that I am happy that I am finally able to do something that I truly want to do. I don't mean to get on a carpe diem high horse, but all of you should be doing what you want to. This is the only life we have and we probably shouldn't waste it trying to get a degree in something we care nothing about.

Anyways, here is my latest project. It's quite funny (or at least I think so). The shot composition isn't as good as it should have been and I was upset about some of the exposures. But other than that, check it out. It is probably the best work I have done so far.






New addition to my signature.

"Your heart is free; Have the Courage to follow it." - Braveheart

As always, get your feet off the ground and reach for the stars. Go big or go home. Pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever. Carpe diem bitches.

I'm out

-M, p & z

oh ps - A few years ago Bill and I went to a show and stumbled across the band, "The Hold Steady." We left after their set and both bought their cd the next day. They are awesome. Their second cd came out last year and was even better than the first. Their third cd came out a couple weeks ago and is ever better than the second. It is ridiculous how good they are. You need to do yourself a favor and pick it up. I actually like the first one the best I think, just because it was my first experience with them, but I feel like whatever cd you listen to first, it will be your favorite. Anyways, pick it up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darth Vader! Everyone loves Darth Vader!

Anonymous said...

remember how much we wanted to hate on the hold steady because we thought the guitarist was a douche-bag, then we realized that he was like a messenger from god with a six-string?