Saturday, March 18, 2006




















V for Fucking Awesome...

So last night I went and saw 'V for Vendetta'. I must admit that while I was really excited to watch the movie, I was afraid it might not be as good as it looked. After the first 5 minutes my worries were put to rest and I realized I was about to be amazed. The movie was ridiculously good. I haven't left a movie feeling like that in a long time. Now don't get me wrong I am not saying it is for everyone, or even that it brings up serious current social issues (which some think it does (I mean it does, but I don't think it's some politically charged movie with social commentary spewed all over it)). It is a very good action movie. If you liked the Matrix (same writers in case you were unaware) then you will like this. I promise. It has a few of the same elements but do not worry it is nothing like the Matrix. It is the Matrix without the silly Neo-Trinity-Morpheus-Cypher love orgy, and also without a lot of the action. The plot is actually what drives the movie and at times is more of a police detective type movie. Maybe even a little 'Patriot Games' meets the Matrix. Anyways I wont talk about it yet, I'll give you all a couple weeks to see it before I start talking about it in depth. But really, you need to see it.
_________________________________________________________


So State lost. No surprise there. We have consistently lost anytime there was even an ounce of pressure. My boy Shawn and I decided that MSU basketball is the same as U of M football; both teams are always over-rated. No matter how many losses or lackluster performances we have, we always seem to be in the top 25, just like Michigan football. At one point we had lost 5 of 7 games and were still ranked 21. It took us until the very last week of the season to fall out of the top 25 even though we had lost to almost everybody in the Big Ten. U of M could have a 5-3 record and still somehow be ranked #3 in the country even though there could be a zillion other teams that are undefeated. Somehow though, like Michigan football, we will end up being pre-ranked something absurd like 8 or 9, because of some 'unbelieveable recruiting class' that is clearly not going to pan out and they will all be a bust. We can only hope that Shannon Brown doesn't think he's nearly as good as people must tell him he is (in my head, I picture him to be one of those guys who looks in the mirror and tells himself how awesome he is).

__________________________________________________________

Anyways the Lions also are making more terrible off season moves. We signed a younger version of Joey Harrington in Josh McCown. He has about half the starts and almost exactly half the same stats. He is pretty much the exact same as Joey only with less experience and for some reason Millen (the lions pres.) thinks he is going to be our savior, either him or John Kitna who is approximately 80 years old. Joey wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. We have the worst offensive line in football and if I knew it was a forgone conclusion that my o-line sucked and couldn't block a fly, I would probably throw some passes away so I wouldn't be dead after every game. Also, maybe if our recievers weren't whiny babies who get hurt every time someone looks at them, he would have a much higher QB rating.

__________________________________________________________

On a happier note, I recently heard the funniest phone call I have ever heard in my entire life. At work all our incoming phone calls are recorded by a service so we can go back over game tape and see what we need to work on. Anyways, Bill was telling me this story about how this crazy girl called him and sure enough we found the recording of it. Before you listen, here are a few things to listen for: Bill laughing after she almost dies, the incredibly loud horn, the way Bill says "are you okay?", the way the wind dies down when Bill says "it's pretty windy" and of course the girl being completely lost. Anyways it's over 4 minutes long but you really gotta listen to the whole thing to appreciate it. It's hilarious.
listen to this...

Anyways, that's all for now. As always, keep your feet on the ground but keep reaching for the stars.
i'm out bitches
-Marty

oh ps - kelsey, thanks for leaving your jelly beans here. do you want me to mail them to you or just eat them all (i already ate them so i'm just being facetious).





No comments: