Tuesday, March 14, 2006

So Very Bored at Work...

First of all, Happy belated Pi Day! I forgot until Bill reminded me, but this is actually my favorite holiday. I remeber when I won the Pi day competition back in '99. Good stuff. Math Club ruled. It also happens to be Billy Crystal's and Einstein's birthday, so happy birthday to them.


This is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing ever. I was bored so I tried to make this crazy asian doll to resemble me but it didn't turn out right so I decided to throw in some animals and a basketball. The background is just plain silly. Anyways I realized the doll would look nothing like me when they didn't have the color brown. So this is what I would look like if I was asian. And no I'm not asian, India is the sub-continent.

There is very little to do here at work. I am at an 'office' at one of our apartments that is actually just a 1 bedroom apt. that has a table and some other stuff in it. All I do for 5 hours is watch movies and do my homework. It is pretty fun except for the fact that I am afraid to sit on any of the couches or lay on the bed in case on of my bosses walks in and fires me, so I am forced to sit at a dining table in a chair with no armrests.
Yesterday while I was driving I saw an Oldsmobile Intrigue with a vanity license plate that said "STYLIN." First of all the 'S' in stylin, was from an MSU license plate that uses the big green msu 'S' before all the numbers and letters. Secondly, if you recall my earlier blog in which I ranked all my cars, the Intrigue came in dead last. In fact, Oldsmobile went out of business. That dude is definitely not stylin.

I was reading somewhere that the average household watches something like 57.5 hours of tv per week. That is over 8 hours a day. That is absurd. Who has 8 hours a day to sit and watch tv. I can see that happeneinh on a rainy cold weekend in the winter when you don't feel like doing anything else, or perhaps this week as March Madness takes over or even during the Masters; but seriously 8 hours a day? That means that the kids get home at 3 or whenever and watch tv until the go to bed around 9 or 10 (assuming they don't do any homework or do it all in front of the tv) and then the parents continue to watch tv until 11 or 12. Now it may seem ridiculous, but I can't think of any other possible way that people watch 57 hours of tv a week. That's an average so that means that some people watch more. Now, sometimes I get into a groove where I watch a lot of tv, but even that tops out at maybe 4 or 5 hours a day and most of that is the Pistons. Just the other day I was wondering if it was possible to only get 4 or 5 channels because all I really need is the Pistons and Grey's Anatomy, but they don't have plans like that. The same article said that the average household recieves over 95 channels! When Muki and I were growing up we had to study all the time. We didn't have time to watch tv, not to mention that we didn't even have a tv from 1991-1999. Anyways, my point is that America is the laziest nation in the world and it's no wonder we are one of the most conservative cultures, everything people learn is from tv and tv is pretty ridiculously conservative.

Anyways I think I am going to watch a movie now, only 3 hours to go. And remember to keep your feet on the ground but keep reaching for the stars.
I'm out
-Marty

oh ps - i put in some oldschool Soundgarden yesterday (Superunknown). That cd rocks as much as it did when I was in 7th grade.

No comments: