Thursday, March 23, 2006














The Bad Boys are Back...

Ever since we played the Miami Heat on Feb. 12, we have been lacking something. D-Wade dropping 17 points in a row on us including the winning shot with 2 second left, took the wind out of our sails. Miami took something from us that night, and last night at the Palace we took it back. I am not sure what it was but I have not seen my boys play the way they did in the second half since before that dreadful day in February. It was almost as if Wade had ripped out our heart a la Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and we needed to drink from the holy grail to get it back (yes I realize I just referred to a scene from a different Indy movie).

My point is that just before the game I had written an email saying we hadn't been playing well lately, and that we were lacking something. I attributed that, however, to the departure of the young padawan Darko, and that somehow he had become a good luck charm for the Pistons. Alas, my fears were put to rest last night as the boys in blue showed me the path I could not see. I had almost doubted whether or not we would win (well not really but I considered the possibility of thinking that we might possibly not win in 4 games) the championship again. Now, I will rest easy and so can all of you, because when it comes down to it we win. As Rip always says after a big game when people ask about people doubting the ever-confident Stones, "This is what we do." That is indeed what they do.

As always, keep your feet on the ground but keep reaching for the stars.
I'm out
-Marty

oh ps - I still somehow have all 4 of my final four teams alive, I'll keep you posted as to my progress in the pools I am in. Currently I am not doing so hot...

pps - Shout-out and thanks to my girl Maria Tocco for sending me this hilarious pic of Sheed a couple years ago (although it is certainly applicable now, as it is the face he makes after every single foul called and as he leads the league in techs).

No comments: