Sunday, March 26, 2006

Snakes on a Plane!!!

That is the title of a new movie that Samuel L. Jackson is doing. I know what you're thinking, "So, he's in a lot of terrible movies that sound like that?" But the best part is the reason why he wants to be part of this movie. I read an article a while ago (which I meant to blog about but forgot) where he was quoted saying he agreed to do the movie without even reading the script. All he heard was the title and thought it was such a good title that he needed to be part of it. Snakes on a Plane. Anyways the movie has been getting a lot of buzz around the movie world and imdb nerds are loving everything they hear about it so I guess even though the filming was done they decided to go back and shoot some more...

"Among the reported additions to the film is a foul-mouthed rant from Jackson in which his agent character bellows, "I want these motherf**king snakes off the motherf**king plane!" The line is expected to take on cult status. The film-makers have reportedly added more gore, more deaths, more nudity and more snakes to the finished product. "

Are you kidding me?? While I have no doubt that the line will take on cult status, I still cannot help but wonder what the fuck is wrong with the world. Undoubtedly this movie will be an abomination and will barely break even yet movies like this are made all the time. I mean what person actually wants to be part of a movie like that. I can understand starving actors and directors and anyone who doesn't have any other jobs on the horizon, but in order to make a movie it needs to be funded. That means that people who have money are looking at this script or storyboard or whatever and saying, "Hell yes, please let me throw away some money!"

Anyways, I suppose I am just jealous. After all when I get to Hollywood,I plan on making some terrible movies that only my old roommates, and a couple other like Chaz, Dax and Kris would enjoy. I guess pretty much anyone who would go see a movie like Doom or Underworld: Evolution or Reign of Fire on opening night. Anyways, as always keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.
I'm out like a rocket
-Marty

oh ps - Sorry about your boys at U Conn, Rip.

No comments: