Monday, February 27, 2006

Extra Extra...

I realize this is two posts in as many days but bear with me (besides i am pretty sure the whole tv show blog wasn't greeted as warmly as i had hoped). So i got a letter from NYFA saying i got into their school. It wasn't really a surprise since there wasn't much of an application process but it's good to know that I can actually start planning out my life. I mean, seriously, start planning. Plan. It's a tough thing to do to actually go forth with ideas and turn them into solid, concrete, unbreakable plans. Well maybe not unbreakable but definitely something with a piece of paper where I have to sign my life away. I have yet to sign anything commiting myself to any number of days anywhere so I am still a vagabond i suppose (one stationed primarily in east lansing for the last 6 years) but now i must away.

I was talking to Kelsey earlier about the anxiety of yester-year in highschool dreading the arrival of college acceptance letters (or in my case rejection letters) and the rush of relief when you saw your first legal-sized white envelope. Then opening that letter which confirmed the notion that only good news would come with so many other forms and in such a large and heavy envelope. I remember my first school I got into, the University of Pittsburgh. It was actually down to that and Wittenberg (which i chose as few of you may know) that were my top options (not that there were many others to consider (you may think i'm joking but sadly i am not)). That archaic anxiety had been all too real lately. I mean how silly is it to be waiting to find out what you are doing with your life. Like a piece of paper that someone signed can not just dictate my future but my emotions as well. It's pretty silly, i mean i can do whatever the fuck i want to do right? So why do we all need confirmation from a counsel of people who dont even know me to figure out the next few years of my life. It's ridiculous and I wont stand for it (after today).

Anyways, i'm glad i got in is all i really wanted to say. Anyways, keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.

as bill says, i'm out like the fat kid in dodgeball.
-marty

oh ps - if you are a fan of cars and such and liked what i had to say about my WRX then you should read this article. I am glad someone else feel like the rivalry between the Subaru WRX STI and Mitsubishi Evo IX is like the rivalry between the pistons and the lakers circa 1989.

Anyways i just thought i would update you all on what is happening in my life since you all seem so interested.

No comments: