Thursday, March 12, 2009

Growin Beards...

I suppose the answer to the question of how long it takes after you've grown a beard (and are brown) before someone throws out a racist terrorist allusion is about 3 weeks.

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, I've got a couple friends in town and the binge drinking has returned with a vengeance. So last night we were out on the town when a friend of mine started sucking this other girls face off. So my other friend and I were left standing there talking to her friends when I made the benign comment that their other friend sitting on the ground on a big puddle of beer looked like she peed her pants. Apparently this was the most incendiary thing anyone has ever said to her and she got up, called me some really bad words and then gave me the finger. Then she proceeded to yell/tell me that it was the most hateful thing anyone has said to her and said to me, "what's your fucking name, Kaleel or Kaleem or whatever Muslim names they have," because obviously, my pee-pee comment was the equivalent of dropping racist bombs.

Then she started crying. Just crying and crying. And we started laughing. Because really, what else could we do. Hardly a coincidence that she was 19, white and from Vermont. I love people.

Go Big

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: