Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Your Summer Movie Schedule...












Most summer's have a highlight blockbuster or two that I look forward to all year but this summer seems ridiculous. It seems like every week there is a new movie that I have been dying to see for as long as I can remember. Let me remind you that if you haven't seen Knocked Up yet you are really missing out. I saw Ocean's 13 last week and it was as expected. I give it a 6.7. No one but Matt Damon seems to be doing any acting at all but it is nice, light and entertaining. If you've seen one you've seen 'em all though. If you are in the mood to movie hop, it's worth a free screening.

Here however are the next weekends of my summer, and literally there is at least one movie a week that I want to see. Now I know that movies I want to see and movies you want to see are different so I will put an asterisk next to the movies that I think everyone should be looking forward to.

June:
15th - Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
22nd - 1408 (new John Cusak movie)
29th - Live Free or Die Hard (6/27), *Sicko

July:
6th - Transformers (7/3)
13th - Harry Potter (7/11), *Rescue Dawn, *Talk to Me
20th - I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
27th - *Arctic Tale (took them 6 years to make this documentary about a Polar Bear and a Walrus)

August:
3rd - The Borne Ultimatum
10th - Rush Hour 3, Rocket Science
17th - *Superbad (might be funnier than Knocked Up...)
24th - War (Jet-Li and Jason Statham finally team up), Mr. Bean's Holiday (finally! it's been out in the UK for months now)
31st - Death Sentence (sounds like an homage to Death Wish)

So there it is, your summer movie list. And just to get you pumped up for the fall and winter here are a few things to look forward to: Into the Wild, The Assassination of Jesse James.., Margot at the Wedding, Martian Child, American Gangster, Fred Claus, I am Legend, National Treasure: Book of Secrets and Charlie Wilson's War.

Anyways, lots of good things to look forward to. Busy summer schedule and I am definitely going to have to movie hop to save money. As always, get your feet off the ground and some other stuff.

I'm out
-M, p & z

oh ps - of y past reccomendations did anyone see The Ilusionist, Knocked Up, The Last Mimzy or any of the others I suggested? I'd like to know if people agree with me or not on movie choices...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the Illusionist and was pleasantly surprised. I did not think I would like it but you can't go wrong with Ed Norton. I still hate Jessica Biel..she can't act.

Anonymous said...

You forgot Evan Almighty on your list. Animals are funny.

Swami Says said...

I didn't forget Evan Almighty. I might see it for free but it isn't something I am looking forward to exactly. It will have some predictable laughs but I'm not holding my breath...

Jessica Beil can act, she just can't do an accent very well. Plus she's spectacularly hot.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I was def. kidding about Evan Almighty. The only way I would pay to see that is if I had kids (that I knew of).