Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Bad Boys...

I have realized that my blog is becoming more and more convoluted. The problem is that I have a writing style that has no structure and more closely resembles free thought than anything else. This blog will heretofore be known as a blog that is succint and witty yet still comprehensive. Enjoy.

The Detroit Pistons open their season tonight sans Ben Wallace. Without delving too deep into my own self conflict with his absence, I will simply say that he will be missed. Once again, we are not given much respect in the media. Granted we lost an All-Star and the heart of our team, but we still have the best starting 5 in the league. We are getting deeper off the bench and somehow I am still clinging to the hope that we sign Jalen Rose to add some needed depth behind Rip. I have no doubt that we will be in the conference finals again, where we go from there we shall see. I have faith in the players but I am still unsure about Flip's ability in the clutch. I love the Bulls and I wish Ben and Chicago luck; I hope we meet in the conference finals.

School is going well. I have yet to edit my footage from last week however, I am optimistic about it. If you have not seen any of my previous projects yet (I am hesitant to call them films) then be sure and watch this one. It was shot on digital so you won't have to suffer through bad exposures and woeful lighting. If it turns out well I am going to try and submit it to festivals but that's reaching kind of far.

While I would never argue against Michigan being the greatest state in the world, I must admit that Kid Rock was wrong. He said, "ain't no party like a Detroit party, cause a Detroit party don't stop." Begging your pardon Mr. Rock, but NYC is pretty much awesome. There was a Halloween Parade two blocks east of me. A parade on Halloween. It ruled. People flood the streets here for any occasion they can all in the spirit of having a good time. I didn't hear of anything bad happening last night, unlike the shooting at the Detroit fireworks a couple years ago. My point is, NYC rules.

I guess that's all. I am insanely excited for the game tonight and I can't really think of anything else but Rip right now. As always, get your feet off the ground and reach for the stars. Go big or go home. Pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever. Carpe diem bitches.

Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it.

-M, p & z

oh ps - I recently wrote a blog about how fantastic TV programming was this season. Unfortunately, most of America is retarded (they voted for bush), and watch shows like "Two and a Half Men," and not Studio 60. I have heard that the latest work of genius from Aaron Sorkin is on the verge of being cancelled despite my stellar reviews of it. Please watch it next monday and get the ratings up. You won't regret it. Friday Night Lights may also be cancelled, and while it is not the best show ever, it is semi-orginal and interesting to watch, which is more than I can say about Dancing with the Stars...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess you didn't like my ROTJ clip...

Anonymous said...

that was succint?