Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Your Boy Is Back...

Dang! It's been a long time. Haven't posted since I started my internship which is both crazy, but also a pretty adequate meter of how busy I've been. I've actually had a lot to post on but somehow keep forgetting what I was going to say by the time I got home so I figured I'd squeeze in a quick post at work.

Work rules. I was as disappointed as you could possibly be about not getting a full-time job without ever actually applying for one, which is still somewhat considerable. But this internship is working out better than I could have hoped or imagined. My fingers are crossed it turns in to a full-time gig in 6 weeks when it's over but for now, I'm just happy with how it's going.

I just closed a small chapter in my life. I have been on this kick lately of unsubscribing from email lists. I was sick of waking up to 30 emails, none of which were spam. I'm still on a few lists but this last one was the only one that made me sit back and think. I unsubscribed from two film production job posting sites. Basically they would just email me when a job on a film or TV show would be available. I guess I realized that that will never be something I am going to do again.

Not that I'm not still working on screenplays and such, but I don't ever want to work on a production again unless it's as a writer, director or producer. So you can get your own damn coffee (not that I ever actually got anyone coffee). So to all my fellow production folks, peace out.

And I'm out. I'll be normal again soon. I swear. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: