Monday, July 25, 2011

Friday Night Lights...

As many of you know, FNL has long been one of my favorite shows. A couple years ago, when it was teetering on the cusp of cancellation, I was convinced it was gone but was elated when NBC and Direct TV made a deal to keep it going for two more seasons. Now, sadly, those two seasons are over and so is one of the best dramas I've ever seen.

Rarely does a drama have the ability to pace itself without having disaster episodes when a train crashes and everyone is crying. Instead, each character had a wonderful story arc and the writers took time developing these people that I watch on the edge of my seat every week.

It further frustrates me that shows like Two and a Half Men, with or without Charlie Sheen, is still on the air after 8 or 9 seasons or whatever it is. I used to think America was crazy. But then I realized that there are some people that just haven't been exposed to really good comedy. If you watched Family Matters and Step by Step, then moved on to Will and Grace, the natural progression would be to enjoy shows like Two and a Half Men. Some people never watched Fresh Prince or Arrested Development or The Cosby Show. They just don't know that TV can be great.

I'm glad FNL went out being true to the show that it was since the first episode. It's really one of the best shows around and if you've never seen it, start with season 1 and watch it everyday for the next couple months. Your life will be better.





'Go big' will heretofore be replaced with Clear eyes, full hearts. It's been my fantasy football name for a few years but really means the same thing and is a better way to say it.


-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: