Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Food Network...

I'm slowly becoming obsessed with new things. Gone are the days of American Idol (which I haven't seen a single episode of yet this season) and whatever else I used to watch, only to be replaced by more mindless pleasures. I've always liked cooking shows, but since I haven't had cable for a couple of years, I never got into Iron Chef or any of those shows...until now. Since Nebraska has cable and a willingness to hand over the remote, I've become infatuated with Chopped and Top Chef. I can't get enough. The only thing I had about the Food Network is their seemingly endless supply of episodes of Cupcake Wars and baking shows. Give me a restaurant renovation show and some cooks going head to head and I'm good for about 12 hours. Don't get me wrong, I'm still committed to Parks & Rec, Community, Californication and Modern Family, but for the other 166 hours a week those shows aren't on, I've got TFN.

And also Swamp People. I think that's on the History Channel. That show is also amazing. If you have On Demand, you should watch all of season 1. Season 2 just started and it's gonna be a good one. Willy already got bit! Crazy, I know.

Texas and I decided we are going to start doing our own Iron Chef challenges. Someone is going to choose a few ingredients for us and it's up to us to use them however we see fit. A judge(s) will decide who the winner is. This will surely be fun and fascinating for you, so I'll be sure to update you with pictures or videos. Maybe then I'll have something to blog about.

Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: