Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Not Bad For A Basketball School...

So MSU finally lost on Saturday. Bummer. Huge bummer. Going 8-0 and being ranked number 5 is as exciting as our football team has been in my decade of following State football. I don't mind the loss so much, mostly because getting to 8-0 was unexpected. We have one of the hardest schedules in the country and we still have a shot at going to the Rose Bowl. I just wish we didn't drop 11 spots to #16 for one loss, while Iowa, with two losses, is ranked 15.

But I suppose those are the breaks. We will most likely win out and hopefully that is enough to get to the Rose Bowl, a game that means more to me than if we had gone to a BCS Fiesta bowl, though hopefully the Rose Bowl is a BCS game this year, because that would be nice as well. I doubt Ohio State will lose again, but I'm hoping for it. It would be great to be outright champs in the Big Ten. In any event, it's been a great season filled with hope, 32oz mugs at Tin Lizzie, the greatest trick play of the season and a lot of good times. I just hope they keep rolling.

In other news, MSU Basketball kicked off pre-season with a 44 point victory. We aren't #2 in the Country for no reason. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: