Monday, October 27, 2008

Finally...















So this is the first time since I have been a State fan that we beat U of M. It feels great. Actually, my first year as a State fan was the first of 6 straight losses to Michigan. Call it my curse, or just chalk it up to the fact that we lost a couple close games, but I can't describe the joy I had saturday afternoon. I love sports and I love rivalries, but this is one of those rivalries that's not so friendly. The reason I stopped being a Michigan fan was because I couldn't stand the majority of the people at UofM and their attitude toward people that went to State. Not just when it came to football but life in general. Wow, you got better grades than me in high school, congrats. Doesn't really give you the right to be an asshole. Not to say they all are because I have many friends, classmates who went there who are awesome and met many people who are equally awesome.

Ever since I started to root for State I noticed more and more how much people at Michigan looked down at us and it made me go from just rooting for State, to also rooting against Michigan. I'm happy they have a 2-6 record. It's hilarious. It warms my heart. I feel like in this scenario, State is the nice kid in school and Michigan is the asshole jock who everyone hates and he just got the sh*t kicked out of him at his house even after he had help (fake touchdowns are lame). Rules.

Obviously it would have been nice to beat a better team than the one from this season but hey, a win's a win. The best part about this season is that if we can win our last three games (our last one is against Penn St.) and Texas and Alabama both lose at least once, then hopefully Penn St. will go to the BCS Championship game and State will get to rep the Big Ten in the Rose Bowl. That's sort of a pipe dream but still very much a possibility as we're tied for 2nd in the conference right now. Anyways just wanted to spread some Spartan love. Go big or go home...

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - speaking of Spartan love, if you love Halo and 300 re-mixes, check out this clip. Awesome. Also for you Halo fans out there, next fall there is going to be a new expansion called Halo 3: Recon. It's going to be awesome. Seriously.

No comments: