Monday, July 02, 2007

Movie Reviews...













So with June down the tubes I thought I'd take a minute to go over some movies that I've seen. Let's go from worst to first. Now some of you may disagree with me and that's fine, most of you probably haven't or won't see these movies but just in case you do...

1408 - Starring John Cusak and Samuel L. Jackson. Actually this movie was pretty much starring only J. C. as it was him alone in a hotel room getting freaked out and mind boggled for over an hour. I had higher hopes for it considering how much I usually love his movies but this one lacked a little. He did an amazing job but it was more the fact that I don't find scary movies very scary. The story line was original though but I wasn't exactly scared. Most of the girls screamed a lot if that means anything. Anyways, like most 'thrillers' I watch, I found myself waiting for the end. 6.

Fantastic 4 - Now if you have seen this movie you may wonder how this is better than anything that has come out this summer but unlike my brother who said it was 'the worst' I liked it. I was prepared for the very campy kids movie that I got. The only problem I have is that it didn't stick to the actual story line of the Silver Surfer but it ended really well and I hope that there is a 3rd installment in which he teams up with them. If you don't like cheesy kids comic book adaptions that are not meant for anyone over the age of 15 or you are a girl, don't go see this. If you are like me, it's worth a screening. 6.3.

Live Free or Die Hard - Easily the best movie of the summer. I don't actually remember what else came out this summer but way better than Spiderman 3, better than Fantastic 4, not as good as Knocked Up but they aren't comparable. Everything you ever loved about a Die Hard movie is in here. It's funnier than I remember the first 2 being and while Bruce Willis might be 20 years older, he's still a badass. Justin Long (Ed, Accepted, Jeepers Creepers) was hilarious as usual and my love for him knows no bounds. Len Wiesman directs and while I was worried about him not making a movie about Vampires he completely pulled it off. Go see it now. 9.2.

anyways more later
- M, p & z

oh ps - already have my tickets for Transformers tomorrow night. More on that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the film (transformers)...
and that yellow 2006 chevy camaro is hot.