Thursday, July 05, 2007

Finally a Summer Blockbuster...


















With unmet expectations in both Spiderman 3 and Fantastic 4, along with a slew of other good but not good enough movies this summer, I was praying that Transformers would be the ray of light in my summer. After 3 years of waiting for this movie to come out I was not dissapointed. This movie was a blast. The cool thing about seeing movies here in the city is that people clap at the end of every single movie they see, without fail. No matter how good or bad the movie was they clap. I find it a little much most of the time and have only clapped along twice. The first was TMNT and the second was Transformers. I was actually clapping and cheering along during the movie as well. This movie fulfilled all my expectations (well almost all, I wish it was a little bit longer because it ruled so much and I wish the Decepticons had more character build up). The story line was great and the action was better.

Michael Bay has long been touted as being a crappy director and he gets ragged on a lot. While I agree that when it comes to actual story telling and acting he is not the kind of guy you want directing The Hours, but when it comes to action there is really no one better. Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddeon - these movies kicked ass. I was a little worried since he he hasn't used a lot of CG in the past but the movie looked amazing. The action was ridiculous and as cocky as I think Shia LaBeouf, he really is a great actor and did a really good job. Also Megan Fox isn't hard on the eyes and is kind of a bad ass. This is easily Bay's best work and his best story telling. He did a great job getting what he needed out of the actors.














Anyways go see this movie, it really is awesome.

-M, p & z

oh ps - if you never watched Transformers when you were a kid then you suck but you don't need to have any knowledge of the story line before you see it. It's all explained in the beginning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As they say in the movie: "This is 100 times cooler than Armageddon."