Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Top 5 Sibling Teams...

I'm not quite sure what got me thinking about this topic but I thought it might make a good blog to go through and establish the top 5 sibling teams. For example Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are a sibling team. It is not however limited to actors, Tiki and Ronde Barber, for example - both professional football players (on different teams). Obviously these two sibling teams didn't make the cut. It is also not limited to same sex siblings but it could be brother sister or even several siblings. And without further explanation, the list:


Coming in at #5 is:











The Wayans family. I believe there are about 8 billion brothers and one sister. Highlights include, "Don't be a Menace to South Central While Sipping Your Juice in the Hood," "Blankman," "White Chicks," and that show on the WB. Though their terrible movies outweigh their good movies, the good ones are absolutely hilarious.

Coming in at #4 is:
















Annie and Howard Lederer are two of the best poker players in the world, or at least on TV. They aren't ridiculously annoying and they always rule. It's impossible enough to be good at a game like poker, where the swings are insane, but to have siblings who are this good is like having two professional athletes as siblings.

Coming in at #3 is:













David and Patricia Arquette. Patricia, solely because she played my favortie female character in any movie ever in, "True Romance." The movie is one of the greatest movies of all time and she is a huge reason why. David is probably one of the most under-rated dudes ever. He is hilarious and, though his movies aren't the best, he always cracks my shit up.

At #2 is:

















River and Joaquin Phoenix. Two badass brothers. River, though he died at only 23, was in two of the best movies ever: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and The Explorers. He was one incredibly cool dude. Joaquin is one of my favorite actors and if you saw him in Walk the Line, there is no way he should not have won the Oscar. Ever since I saw him in Inventing the Abbotts, I have loved him.

And the #1 best sibling team ever, by a mile, is:






Andrew, Owen and Luke Wilson are the greatest brothers ever. I can't even count the number of moments my life is better because of these three. Andrew is clearly the lesser known of the three but has been in almost all of their movies. Luke has the best volume of work outside the Wes Anderson movies, however, Owen is my hero. Anything I ever say that people laugh at is owed to him and Will Smith. All he has to do is show up and I start laughing.

Anyways this took a lot longer than I thought it would and it didn't even end up being that cool so I am just gonna stop wasting everyone's time. If you feel that there were others I left out please let me know. Obviously, only famous siblings were eligible to win otherise my brother and I would have won without a contest. As always, get your feet off the ground and reach for the stars. Go big or go home. Carpe diem bitches.

I'm out
-Marty

oh ps - The NBA finals start today and though I am nowhere near being close to getting over the Pistons I think I am going to sit down and watch it. I may be heartbroken but I still love basketball....

2 comments:

Kiren said...

I only question the Arquette "team." And only because can we really consider them a team, I mean in the same sense of the Wayan's brothers being a team (collaborating on movies), or the Wilson brothers, or the Lederer siblings. The Arquettes are only associated with each other because they are both actors and have the same parents. But are they a team? I'm leaning towards no.

Swami Says said...

Very true. I see your point but I hadn't stipulated that the siblings work together, although perhaps that is why I felt this was a poor list and it didn't have the epiphanic ending that I thought it would. I'd re-do the list but I don't think it's really worth it...