Monday, May 22, 2006














It's Gonna be Bananas at the Palace...

So game 7 was a success, mostly due to the pistons clip I compiled. Some random people sent me messages saying things like, "Deeetroit Basketballlll." It was actually kind of creepy but I guess the support was nice. Anyways, when I watch the Pistons on National TV I am always amazed at how little the broadcasters know about the Pistons. They say things that constantly contradict earlier statements they've made. For example Mark Jackson (formerly of the Indiana Pacers) was doing pre-game analysis for ABC and at the begginging of the show he said that a slower-peaced game would be beneficial to the Cavs; at half-time however he said the slower-pace was better suited for the Pistons, and the Cavs would do better in a faster-paced game (this theory was then put to rest by Hubie Brown who, during the game, said that the fast-paced game was better for the Pistons. I do not fault the commentators for their lack of knowledge. They cover only a limited number of games for each team and analyse so many that they all must blur together. I do think that there should be a national commentator for each team though. For example, the could have Reggie Miller be an analyst for 5 teams and bring him in every time one of those 5 teams are on TV. This would not only stop me from getting pissed at Al Michaels for being a dumb bitch, but also make him sound more knowledgable at the same time.

Moving on... I am getting more and more excited about moving to NYC. I have been working on overcoming my apprehension of moving halfway across the country by myself to a place where I don't know anyone (except for a handful of friends from highschool whom I will most likely not see very much). I am a homebody. I go home as much as I can and I enjoy spending time with my parents in PH. I go home almost one night every weekend unless I am very busy. Next year I can already picture getting homesick for my mom's food and the lake and nature in general. I have accepted the fact that I can't go home every weekend and that is just a part of growing up and making a home for myself, but I don't know how I am going to live life without as much nature as I have surrounding me now. Michigan is a beautiful state and there is a Great Lake within 1 and 1/2 hours from any point in the state. NYC is a concrete jungle; central park is nice and relatively close but I am beggining to realize that I won't be able to do even simple things that I love, like having a bbq in my yard or reading on a chair outside my apartment, or crunching leaves wherever I walk in the fall, or tossing a baseball around. These are things that, while possible in NYC, will require planning. Instead of sitting outside my apartment to read or just sit in the sun with a glass of wine, I am going to have to walk 20 or 30 minutes to the park to get some actual natural tranquility (needless to say I won't be able to bring a bottle of wine with me..)

Anyways I don't really have a point but for all of you people not living in a big city, don't take it for granted. I plan on cramming as much nature under my barefeet as I possibly can this summer because who knows how long I will end up living there and I will need the memories to get me through the maze of concrete that is Manhattan. As always, get your feet off the ground and keep reaching for the stars. Go big or go home. Carpe diem bitches...

i'm out
-m, p&z

oh ps - If you like basketball and reading, I recently bought "The Sixth Man," by Chris Palmer and so far it is vey good. I also reccommend figuring out your summer and planning a weekend where you can fish/golf/camp or pretty much spend 72 hours doing anything in the sun...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»