Friday, August 19, 2011

Living Together Observations: Part 1...

You may ask, "where the f*&^ have you been swami-says?" Well I'll tell you. I don't usually blog about relationships and the like but changes have come about that I feel compelled to blog about.

A few weeks ago, Nebraska (my gf) and I moved in together. That's right, kids. It's kind of like going to Rivindale, only if Frodo didn't have any friends with him. It's something you can't really get a grasp on unless you do it. It's been about 3 weeks or so now and here are my first observations:

1: There's an endless amount of things to do. When we moved in I naturally assumed the time it took to clean, do dishes, laundry etc. would decrease by half. Instead, not only has it not decreased but it's seemingly increased. There is always something that needs to be done. It doesn't make sense. I blame the smaller-than-normal dishwasher, but still, it can't count for everything.

2: Toilet paper vanishes. I'm used to living by myself and a roll will last me a very very long time. I'm talking about a month more or less. Living with a girl changes that. I think we're averaging about 2 rolls a week. A week! No wonder girls by that one-ply crap. It's just not reasonable to by the expensive stuff. Might need to get another dispenser for myself because I seriously can't live without my Charmin Ultra.

3: Master Chief and I are finding it hard to hang out. I was under the impression that my routine of coming home from work and playing Halo all night would remain intact. It hasn't. I didn't even get to hook up my Xbox until last week. Last night, literally as soon as I turned it on, she told me she wanted to watch Jersey Shore (which I love but was not ready to do that) so we did. I had to wait until she went to bed to play.

Anyway, there's also good things about it. For example, if she's going to the store I can ask her to pick me up some stuff too. There's other good things but they're pretty lame so we wont talk about them here.

Clear eyes, full hearts.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: