Friday, August 19, 2011

I'm Not the Only One...

Whenever the topic of favorite places in the world or country come up, I've long held the belief that I need not stray far from home to find mine. The combined area of Sleeping Bear Dunes, Traverse City, Charlevoix and Petosky (all right next to each other) has been my favorite location I've ever been since I first ventured up north.



As you've probably seen around the many Michiganders posting it on their fb pages, I'm not alone. Apparently tens of thousands of people voted and Sleeping Bear Dunes was crowned the most beautiful place in America. While not news to me, it's nice that it's getting some national recognition, especially for a state that most people think of as looking like downtown Detroit in the first Robocop.

There's really nothing that makes me happier than being up there out on Lake Michigan. If you haven't been, make the trip, it's worth it.

Clear eyes, full hearts.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: