Wednesday, January 05, 2011

2011...

2011?! When did that happen? What happened to the first decade of the millennium? Where did my 20s go? A retrospective seems in order, though to try and recall the last decade would just be easier if you go back and read my blog over the last 6 years dating back to my old friendster blogging days.

My life has changed quite a bit and headed into so many different directions over the last decade that I feel like an old man when I look at kids still in high school and think about all the adventures and life they have yet to experience.

I started the decade heading to college and I ended it still in school. I've got another 3 months and then I never want to go back to school. I think. Since 2000, I have moved from Ann Arbor to Ohio to East Lansing to New York to LA back to East Lansing back to New York and then, finally, to Chicago. Depending on where I find work after I finally finish school, I may end up in the area forever, or somewhere else entirely. The top cities I'm applying to jobs in (in order of preference) Chicago, Denver, Austin, Minneapolis, Detroit, San Fransisco, San Diego, London, Paris, Madras and if I can't find a job in one of those cities, I'm screwed.

I guess we'll see where this next decade takes me, but as always, I'll go big and hope you do the same.

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: