Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar Report...

Sorry, it's been a minute. My internet has been absent. I started the second hald of the first round of the tournament but haven't finished it yet. So the oscras were yesterday. The red carpet was pretty uneventful. No I'm not gay, but it is the best part. Too bad no one wore anything really cool. It was a pretty tame night all in all and actually the best part was the commercials. Was it just me or were they way better than the Superbowl ads?
I am pretty pissed that The Departed won for best movie. It makes me so mad that a dumbed down remake of one of the best Chinese movies I have ever seen, won for best picture. It takes away from both American and Chinese cinema. I can guarantee that if the original movie, Infernal Affairs, was released in America it would not be nominated for best picture or even best foriegn picture because people would write it off as another chinese action movie, but if you have Scorsese direct a lame American version of it, then low and behold you get a best picture award. The system stinks. I'm not mad Marty got the oscar, he deserved it for his body of work, but if they wanted to give him one so bad, then just give him an honorary one. There were so many original movies that should have won over this. There is only so much I can say about this and I hve been going on and on about it for about 2 years now since I found out about it. I suppose I'll just do a best dressed again. I will blog again soon, and have the second round up soon as well. There was actually some pretty ugly dresses but here we go.
Honorable mentions include the hottest older chick ever, Helen Mirren. Jessical Biel looked good as always and Portia De Rossi was pretty hot.

At number 3 is the first male to ever grace one of my best dressed but Ryan Gosling has been a bad ass since Breaker High and he deserved to win the Oscar. I heard he and Rachel Mcadams broke up which is good for me because she is my home girl.


















At number 2 is Isla Fisher. Borat's main squeeze from Wedding Crashers was quite hot last night.


















At number 1 is Resse Witherspoon. She looked amazing. She keeps getting better looking the older she gets.


















As always, get your feet off the ground and reach for the stars. Go big or go home. Pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever. Carpe diem. Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it.

I'm out like a rocket
-M, p & z

oh ps -
just because she's hot. Portia de Rossi... Also, I know I said it last time but listen to the apples in stereo's new album, it's awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought Emily Blunt looked radiant.