Friday, September 09, 2011

Living Together Observations: Part 3...

Just to be clear, in case Nebraska ever uses the internet, I enjoy living with my significant other, these are just some thoughts that I think other guys feel and can relate to.

Decorating. I have refrained from covering the walls in Halo posters and Detroit sports team paraphernalia, but it's taking an absurdly long time to figure out where our things do go. For me decorating is all about feel. If I think a picture/painting/whatever looks good in a certain spot, I put it there. But for her, it needs to no only look good in the spot, but look good in conjunction with everything else in the room and fit the theme of the room. Most of you haven't been to our apartment, but if you had, you wouldn't know that any room had a theme. But they do. I guess.

Football. This applies to sports in general, but it's becoming evident that my days are numbered. Nebraska has always been exceptional at not just letting me watch sports, but watching with me (though that often means her taking a nap). Now that we live together, I fear that those days are over or approaching an end. This all relates back to a point I mentioned earlier: there's always shit to do. When it comes to college football, the only game I care about watching is the State game. I;ll watch other games, but I'd rather do other things. But on Sunday, it's Lions and fantasy day all day. I assume that this is going to result in direct conflict with dishes, cleaning, spending quality time with each other and a seemingly endless list of things to do. Let's pray it never changes. She wanted to salsa dance on Sunday and when I reminded her football kicks off the same day, she was silent though never mentioned it again. Storm's coming.

I'm out. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

1 comment:

leadright said...

Remember when I used to be good at things? Yeah, that was before I moved in with my wife. I appreciate every moment I spend with her, but I do miss pwning fools on the interwebs.