Tuesday, December 07, 2010

A Cold Winter...

You know what was nice? About two weeks ago when it was 65 degrees and I was complaining about global warming. You know what is not nice? Today, rolling through the drive-thru at Burger Kind and my windows not going down because they were frozen shut. Opening my door to order fast food is all kinds of sad. Luckily after hitting it a few times, it finally went down (that's what she said).

I've spent most of my life preaching about seasons and how much I love them all, even winter. Well my friends, I'm going to say something that I never thought I'd say: I wouldn't mind moving somewhere warmer. I don't need SoCal or even NorCal, but maybe something a little more moderate in the winter. Maybe North Carolina or just anywhere below 40 degrees latitude. The older I get the worse it is. My knees hurt and my body stiffens and I'm only 28 which leads me to wonder why my parents don't spend winters in India. I suppose they would have to retire to do that, but when I'm their age, you can find me on a beach in Mexico.

Give me two weeks of snow over Christmas and then head back to wherever it is I docked my boat (apparently in the future I'm rich). Anyway, just something to think about as you wrap yourselves up to brave the winter.

As always, go big. I'm out.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: